The best wonton I have ever had. Pork shrimp fried wonton. This is the most common filling. Make sure you get the oil temperature right. Double frying it makes it super crispy. You can serve this as a nice appetizer or side dish.
**INGREDIENTS (30-40 wontons)
**FOR THE WONTON FILLINGS**
- 8 ounces of ground pork
- 8 ounces of peeled shrimp
- 1/3 cup of minced carrot
- 1/4 cup of spring onion
- 1/4 cup of cilantro
- 1 tbsp of corn starch
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce [Pearl River Bridge Natural Brewed Light Soy Sauce: https://amzn.to/2TdlvOB]
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce [Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand oyster sauce: https://amzn.to/2B7KLis]
- 1 or 2 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 tsp of ground garlic
- 1 tsp of white pepper [Amazon Link: https://amzn.to/2C9Mp3H]
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt or to taste
- 1 egg
**FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE**
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tsp of Sichuan hot chili oil
- 1 tsp of black vinegar [Zhengjiang black vinegar镇江香醋：https://amzn.to/2RUKGnB]
- cornstarch slurry (1 tbsp of water + 1 tbsp of cornstarch)
- Wonton skin
**HOW TO MAKE WONTONS**
- I am using 2 types of protein today. You can use whatever you want.
- 8 ounces of ground pork. Just put that in the blender.
- 8 ounces of peeled shrimp. Cut it into the smaller size. Dump in half of it into the blender. Save the other half for later. I just like that you can see and bite the shrimp, feel so good.
- After that we gonna add all the seasoning, 1 tbsp of corn starch, 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of oyster sauce, 1 to 2 tsp of ground ginger, 1 tsp of ground garlic, 1 tsp of white pepper, 1 tsp of sugar, 1 tsp of salt
- Last, we gonna crack an egg. That will make the filling smooth.
- Blend that together. Transfer it into a big bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of spring onion, 1/4 cup of cilantro and 1/3 cup of minced carrot.
- Mix them well. You can cook a small amount of the filling in the microwave and taste it see if you need to adjust. After you sure about the taste you can wrap your wonton. I make this many times so I know it is good.
- Make the slurry as a glue(1 tbsp of water + 1 tbsp of cornstarch). This will make sure you wonton is safe, they not gonna be open during cooking.
- Put some filling on the skin, don’t put too much, because wonton skin is really thin and easy to break. Then put 1 piece of shrimp on top of it. Dip some slurry on the edge, fold like a triangle. Push out the air out and pack it tight to make sure it won’t open when you deep fry it.
- Make a curve so it is easy to fold. Then you glue the end and pinch them together.
- finish all of them.
- Frying it, get the temperature right and put in your wonton one by one. Push them a little bit just to make sure they are separated.
- After few minutes, all the wontons flow to the top, and you can feel the skin is getting crispy, that is the time you take it out. Let it rest for about 5 minutes.
- We are double frying it. If you get the temperature right, it will literally just take 15 seconds to become golden brown.
- Take it out. And use a paper towel to get rid of the oil.
- Now let’s make the sauce. 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tsp of Chinese black vinegar, 2 tsp of Sichuan hot chili oil. You are done.
Enjoy your meal! If you have any questions about the recipes, just post a comment, will help you out as soon as possible!
...and if you've read this far, might as well subscribe. More recipes coming soon =)